Pet store with dogs, fish & supplies Koolau Pets Plants & Ponds - Pet store in Honolulu, United States
46-056 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe, HI 96744
Rating on Google Maps4.10 (274 reviews)
- Wednesday: 10AM to 9PM
- Thursday: 10AM to 9PM
- Friday: 10AM to 9PM
- Saturday: 10AM to 9PM
- Sunday: 10AM to 6PM
- Monday: 10AM to 9PM
- Tuesday: 10AM to 9PM
- Quick visit
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Wheelchair accessible parking lot
Health & safety
- Safety dividers at checkout
- Staff required to disinfect surfaces between visits
- In-store pickup
- In-store shopping
ReviewsFrequently mentioned in reviews: store (7) animals (10)
5CJ J. 7 months agoI cannot even begin to explain how awesome this place is! It's a real old school pet store like I haven't seen in decades. They have the BEST animal selection! They actually have pure breeds of dogs in there all the time. I almost died the last time I went there because they had 5 Frenchie puppies for sale. Do you know how hard those are to find here!? They have the cutest bunnies on earth, turtles, birds, fish in the back. The staff is really awesome. They don't judge me when I'm squealing at the top of my lungs because something is so cute; I start doing it and don't even realize it until I'm like, supersonic loud... lol! It's really difficult not to because every time you turn around, you see some new animal that adorable!
5Heidy L. 9 months agoMe and my husband love this place! They keep their fish healthy. The prices for fish are decent. They have every intermediate tool you could need. We love walking into this store every weekend and never get tired of what they have. We bought our puppy about 7 months ago and we love him so much. They were the best from the moment we asked to see him to the moment we walked out with our new son. We could tell that they really take care of their animals. Puppy was healthy. He was staying in good conditions. He was already pee pad trained! We will forever love this place!
5Henry L. 7 months agoPets are a little overpriced with a lack of paperwork, but the store is always clean and well lit. Workers are friendly and willing to help out. Always something new everywhere. Great place to check out.
4Li O. 2 months agoLovely place, super helpful employees and in our case we need assistance to learn how to take care of our pet and they did it.
2p. 3 years agoI recently went here. 2.8 stars rating I haven't seen before I came here. Disappointing reading the ratings. The puppies looked tired and unhappy. ZI have seen a lack of staff here and read the reviews. Turns out the puppies have worms. I can't recommend going here to buy pets. If you go here, only observe the pets. The pets here look unhappy and mainly the puppies.
1Lynne H. 9 months agoWalking by this pet store was upsetting. It’s filled with hordes of animals in different restricted containers being gawked at and prodded by people passing through the mall. Front and center I found several puppies in glass-walled containers laying down glumly in piles of shredded newspaper. They should not be there, waiting to be exchanged for some money in the owner’s pocket. Where did these dogs come from? We can do better than selling dogs like some playground equipment. Next to it is a disquieting black hole of rubber filled with koi. Assorted other animals too large for their cages are scattered about amongst the rest of the clutter. I want to know where this store sources their “products”—these animals—and would be interested in the business practices of those places as well. Place was unacceptable and should go.
1Dale L. 4 months agoBelieve nothing of what this store tells you about a puppy breed. They told me I bought a “Jack Russel/Corgi mix” and “Jack Russel Chihuahua mix”. I got Embark DNA test and they were really a “Chihuahua/Pitt bull/rat terrier/basenji.” And the other dog a “Chihuahua/Pitt bull”. So ZERO percent Jack Russel! Don’t do business with these liars and find a reputable breeder.
1Amelia A. 3 years agoI wish I could give them a big fat ZERO stars. They do not treat their animals well. The know NOTHING about the animals they sell, meaning until you buy them, these animals are living horrible, unhappy lives. Unhappy animals means unhealthy; unhealthy means they'll either die in the store or have health problems when you adopt them. THIS PLACE SHOULDN'T BE OPERATIONAL. ADOPT, DONT SHOP. The more you buy from pet stores, the more they will treat animals this way. PLEASE don't support storing animals like this. again pls, ADOPT, DONT SHOP.
Most Reviewed places nearby
- 4.20 Honolulu Zoo (7622 reviews) 900+ animals over 42 lush acres
- 4.10 Sea Life Park Hawaii (4291 reviews) Penguin shows & swimming with dolphins
- 4.60 Kapiʻolani Regional Park (4088 reviews) Beachfront park overlooking Diamond Head
- 4.60 Bishop Museum (3397 reviews) Polynesian culture & natural history
- 4.30 Waikiki Marine Life Conservation District (1560 reviews)
- 4.40 Petco (1111 reviews) Retailer dedicated to pet supplies
- 3.90 Waikiki Aquarium (898 reviews) Aquatic life of Hawaii explored
- 4.30 PetSmart (481 reviews) Mainstay for pets & related supplies
- 4.30 Petland Inc. - Kahala (419 reviews) Pet supply retailer with a big selection
- 4.20 Diamond Head Luau (367 reviews) Reservations-only luau with typical fare
- 4.10 Koolau Pets Plants & Ponds (274 reviews) Pet store with dogs, fish & supplies
- 4.40 Kalihi Pet Center (269 reviews) Store for a variety of pets & supplies
- 4.40 Coral Fish Hawaii (188 reviews)
- 4.20 Moanalua Pets Inc (138 reviews) Tropical fish, aquariums & pet food
- 4.40 Aquascapes (82 reviews) Tropical fish store for freshwater tanks
Call (808) 235-6477 Open on Google Maps
- Bars and Pubs in Honolulu
- Beaches in Honolulu
- Coffee Shops in Honolulu
- Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Honolulu
- Hospitals & Clinics in Honolulu
- Hostels in Honolulu
- Hotels in Honolulu
- Jewellers in Honolulu
- Lakes in Honolulu
- Museums in Honolulu
- Night Clubs in Honolulu
- Parks in Honolulu
- Restaurants in Honolulu
- Shopping Centers in Honolulu
- Sights & Landmarks in Honolulu
- Tourist Attractions in Honolulu
- Vegan Restaurants in Honolulu
- Zoos & Aquariums in Honolulu