Exhibitions on life in the Middle Ages Stockholm Medieval Museum - History museum in Stockholm, Sweden
Strömparterren 3, 111 30 Stockholm, Sweden
Contact+46 8 508 316 20
Rating on Google Maps4.50 (3210 reviews)
- Sunday: 12 to 5PM
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 12 to 5PM
- Wednesday: 12 to 8PM
- Thursday: 12 to 5PM
- Friday: 12 to 5PM
- Saturday: 12 to 5PM
- Good for kids
- Wheelchair-accessible lift
- Wheelchair-accessible toilet
- Wheelchair-accessible car park
- Wheelchair-accessible entrance
ReviewsFrequently mentioned in reviews: free (6) Stockholm (7) museum (8)
5Dina G. 4 months ago▪️Free entrance 🆓 ▪️ You can pay in entrance 20 krones and your kid, together with you in hobby room can create a flag 🚩. With a lot of stuff. ▪️ Not big museum. One hours or maybe 1:30 minutes it's absolutely enough. ▪️ Nice souvenir shop. Toilet and locked cabins for stuff.
5A. 6 months agoMuseum is free for all and is absolutely fascinating. If you want to understand the cultural heritage of Stockholm and Gamla Stan especially, then this is the place to go definitely. It gives you an in depth understanding of what Stockholm was like during the Medieval period and also a short and brief understanding of what life entailed during that period of time. It also offers a fascinating insight into people's homes in the past and how they lived as well as models of the old town and battles which took place. Definitely worth a visit and expect to spend between 1 to 2 hours in there!
5Collins S. 8 months agoA very nice museum that is free to enter and explore. Located just infront of the Parliament, it provides an amazing description of the history of Stockholm with a medieval model town. A must visit if you are in the area. Can be completed in under an hour.
5Hannah Swain L. 8 months agoSo glad I finally visited this! It focuses on the area from about 1200—1520s, so the founding and early days of Stockholm. Lots to see, with engaging exhibits and interesting details. All signage is in Swedish and English. Spent about 2 hours and tried to look at everything.
5Magnus O. 11 months agoPretty museum about Stockholm during the middle ages, placed where medieval remains were found some decades ago as they were digging a car park for parliament. Interesting information in English and Swedish, and also things to see for kids. Free entrance. As it's underground, it can be difficult to find - follow the signs. Friendly staff
5Daniela H. 4 months agoGreat place to learn a bit of Swedish history for free. The museum is under the Bridge (I could find it at first sight). Inside you can find ruins of a stone wall dating from the 16th century (the museum was built around it) and a lot of archaeological findings. Also it explains who founded Stockholm, and the previous capitol cities before that. The history of King's and Queens, a bit of the viking age. So much fun!
5Joanna C. 4 months agoI couldn't ask for more from a museum with free entrance! It gives a medieval vibe and the dolls there are very realistic!
5Marina G. 3 months agoFantastic little museum that introduces visitors to the history of Stockholm. Great reconstructions and nice display of local archaeological finds. Open on Easter Sunday and it's free. Great place to bring kids or to use up an hour and a half during your visit to the city.
4MakeUp S. 6 months agoA nice museum without an entrance fee. There is a whole small village in there that is designed in a way that really makes you feel like you are walking to your baker to get bread to feed your family in Middle Ages
4Juljan D. 3 months agoNot the largest collection, but it's pretty great and free. Large reconstructions of houses and archeological finds on display. Worth a stop. There are lockers to put your stuff in.
Most Reviewed places nearby
- 4.70 Vasa Museum (37951 reviews) Maritime museum with 17th-century ship
- 4.50 The Royal Palace (31395 reviews) Royal palace & museums, open to public
- 4.40 Skansen (22347 reviews) Open-air museum with farmsteads & a zoo
- 4.40 Kungsträdgården (19602 reviews) Public park in historic royal gardens
- 4.30 Gröna Lund (18255 reviews) Theme park with rides & live shows
- 4.40 Fotografiska (13251 reviews) Sizable contemporary photography museum
- 4.40 ABBA The Museum (9517 reviews) Memorabilia & hands-on experiences
- 4.30 Nordiska museet (7384 reviews) Museum charting Swedish cultural history
- 4.30 Hötorgshallen (6916 reviews) International gourmet food hall
- 4.30 Museum of Technology (6187 reviews) Museum & library of science & technology
- 4.50 Museum of Natural History (5758 reviews) Museum of man, life, nature & the planet
- 4.50 Junibacken (5009 reviews) Children's literature fun park & theater
- 4.40 Swedish History Museum (4869 reviews) Artifacts from prehistory onwards & shop
- 4.30 Rålambshovsparken (4324 reviews) Bustling park with year-round activities
- 4.40 Humlegården (4195 reviews) Public park, originally a royal garden
Call +46 8 508 316 20 Open on Google Maps
- Bars and Pubs in Stockholm
- Beaches in Stockholm
- Coffee Shops in Stockholm
- Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Stockholm
- Hospitals & Clinics in Stockholm
- Hostels in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Jewellers in Stockholm
- Lakes in Stockholm
- Museums in Stockholm
- Night Clubs in Stockholm
- Parks in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping Centers in Stockholm
- Sights & Landmarks in Stockholm
- Tourist Attractions in Stockholm
- Vegan Restaurants in Stockholm
- Zoos & Aquariums in Stockholm