Artifacts from prehistory onwards & shop Swedish History Museum - History museum in Stockholm, Sweden
Narvavägen 13-17, 114 84 Stockholm, Sweden
Contact+46 8 519 556 00
Rating on Google Maps4.40 (4869 reviews)
- Sunday: 11AM to 5PM
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 11AM to 5PM
- Wednesday: 11AM to 8PM
- Thursday: 11AM to 5PM
- Friday: 11AM to 5PM
- Saturday: 11AM to 5PM
- Good for kids
- Wheelchair-accessible lift
- Wheelchair-accessible toilet
- Wheelchair-accessible car park
- Wheelchair-accessible entrance
ReviewsFrequently mentioned in reviews: free (6) history (7) museum (9)
5Nick W. 4 months agoExcellent museum charting the history of Sweden! I’ve learnt a lot from an historical context!! Lots of displays so if you like spending time on reading, do allocate a couple of hours. I only spent an hour only due to time constraints.
5Hubert C. 5 months agoNice museum to expend at least 2 hours, good contend about all the Swedish history and some interesting things temporary exhibitions.
5Sheila G. 1 year agoVery cool museum with free entrance. Currently with a new exhibition with the history and articles of the Vikings. On the other floors there are exhibitions about the history of Sweden. It also has an outdoor area with exposed things. It has a restaurant (I didn't eat there) and a shop with interesting things. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The exhibition has the option of explanation in Swedish and in English.
5Emfietzis G. 5 months agoIt's a very informative museum, deliberately, I think, not of the type that tries hard to impress and function as a self-advertisment. Especially the new exhibition about the Viking era, is fantastic but don't expect much of raids and battles and slaughters, this is mostly to highlight the opposite, that vikings were also craftsmen, traders, Explorers, navigators but farmers and fishermen as well. A Very modern and artful exhibition, I wish I had a whole day to spend there and see all the artifacts more carefully.
5chandra s. 8 months agoViking era artefacts, finely crafted sculptures are the main attraction here. The entry is free as the Swedish government aims to promote its historical heritage. If you have ample amount of time in Stockholm, then visit this!
5Romain G. 7 months agoIt's a free place ! We recommand the Swedish history museum. There are lockers for personal stuffs.
5Juljan D. 3 months agoThis is a free museum. We were blown away by it to be honest. It's really well thought out. Very modern design and also fun with kids. The Viking history was amazing, but also the other parts were worth a visit. There is even a gold room with lots of gold and silver antiquities. There are free lockers to leave your jackets and bags!
5Georgia S. 4 months agoWe never expected this place to be so interesting when we got in! It was very informative without being boring and quite interactive! We had a lovely time and I definitely recommended a visit. Especially the exhibition in the ground floor (it was like a waiting room with gates, can't recall the title) was captivating!
4C C. 1 year agoThe collections are well preserved presenting the early Swedish historical period. Another must-visit museum in Stockholm you are interested in the cultural and religious parts of ancient nordic people.
4Dr. Prabodha Kumar M. 1 year agoNice museum! It is free !! You get a feeling of human life starting from prehistoric period, stone age, bronze age and modern age. There ate several interesting stuffs well preserved in the museum! If you love History. It is worth visiting. You will also learn, history of Sweden from different centuries. I spent approximately and it was worth for me. There is restaurant too if you feel hungry. There is a picnic area ( I guess, place to eat or seat for a while) if you want to have your own food there. I would recommend!
Most Reviewed places nearby
- 4.70 Vasa Museum (37951 reviews) Maritime museum with 17th-century ship
- 4.50 The Royal Palace (31395 reviews) Royal palace & museums, open to public
- 4.40 Skansen (22347 reviews) Open-air museum with farmsteads & a zoo
- 4.40 Kungsträdgården (19602 reviews) Public park in historic royal gardens
- 4.30 Gröna Lund (18255 reviews) Theme park with rides & live shows
- 4.40 Fotografiska (13251 reviews) Sizable contemporary photography museum
- 4.40 ABBA The Museum (9517 reviews) Memorabilia & hands-on experiences
- 4.30 Nordiska museet (7384 reviews) Museum charting Swedish cultural history
- 4.30 Hötorgshallen (6916 reviews) International gourmet food hall
- 4.30 Museum of Technology (6187 reviews) Museum & library of science & technology
- 4.50 Museum of Natural History (5758 reviews) Museum of man, life, nature & the planet
- 4.50 Junibacken (5009 reviews) Children's literature fun park & theater
- 4.40 Swedish History Museum (4869 reviews) Artifacts from prehistory onwards & shop
- 4.30 Rålambshovsparken (4324 reviews) Bustling park with year-round activities
- 4.40 Humlegården (4195 reviews) Public park, originally a royal garden
Call +46 8 519 556 00 Open on Google Maps
- Bars and Pubs in Stockholm
- Beaches in Stockholm
- Coffee Shops in Stockholm
- Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Stockholm
- Hospitals & Clinics in Stockholm
- Hostels in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Jewellers in Stockholm
- Lakes in Stockholm
- Museums in Stockholm
- Night Clubs in Stockholm
- Parks in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping Centers in Stockholm
- Sights & Landmarks in Stockholm
- Tourist Attractions in Stockholm
- Vegan Restaurants in Stockholm
- Zoos & Aquariums in Stockholm