Museum with historical military displays Army Museum - Army museum in Stockholm, Sweden
Riddargatan 13, 114 51 Stockholm, Sweden
Contact+46 8 519 563 00
Rating on Google Maps4.60 (3463 reviews)
- Sunday: 11AM to 5PM
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 11AM to 7PM
- Wednesday: 11AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 11AM to 5PM
- Friday: 11AM to 5PM
- Saturday: 11AM to 5PM
- Family friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Good for kids
- Gender-neutral toilets
- Wheelchair rental
- Assisted listening devices
- Wheelchair-accessible lift
- Wheelchair-accessible toilet
- Wheelchair-accessible car park
- Wheelchair-accessible entrance
5a. 9 months agoAmazing, you can also see the guard in front of the museum, marching to the Gamla Stan.
5Harinishree B. 10 months agoThe museum had lots of information about different wartime routines, wars, Kings and war heroes. The museum is very interesting!
5Faramarz N. 1 year agoA must visit Musuem! Start from 3rd floor, fantastic military guns, flags, history, statues, ..., no fee, parking on weekends easily available right in front of enterence. 2-3 hours you can spend here and learn and enjoy.
5Xavier P. 4 years agoAmazing museum, especially all of the trophies collected by the swedish army over the years (they have over 1000 regimental banners). The technology and exhibits incorporated were also very impressive. I had the privilege of seeing the inspection of the guards at 12:30, which was also very cool. Best of all, this was free.
5Paul D. 4 years agoThe Swedish army museum is a great place to discover bits of the beautiful Swedish History and learn about the human story in general as well. It's a journey that will take you from the primitive man, to the Dark Ages and the World Wars. Great exhibitions through out the whole museum and a beautiful building that stores the History of the Nation. A must visit for any tourist, it's free admission so there are no excuses.
5William De D. 2 years agoIt gives you an incredible experience along the wars' timeline showing how the military evolved as the years went by. There you can read stories and even handle some guns. Besides that the entrance is free.
5Rohan P. 3 months agoIt's an awesome place very underrated and it's huge. A must visit for people who love history and arms used by seeds from 17th to 21st century. Admission is free for everyone. Your will have to spend at least 2 hrs to go though completely, it might take longer for history buffs.
5Triinu P. 4 months agoThe museum is without any admission fee. The exhibition is very fascinating even if you are not very gamiliar with military things.
5Vadym K. 4 months agoAmazing place! Great exhibition and installations! Totally worth to visit
4Gunter Van D. 6 months agoWell made representations of historical events with clear clarifying text panels. Interesting as foreigner to learn from it. Best was the top floor. The other floors, being a bit closer to today’s time, felt a bit less structured on the time line. Even free entrance so definitely worth a visit.
4calis k. 8 months agoA very good museum and fun to see and experience as well. I really liked the fun part thou. Would be cool to be able to at least shout the reload of it instead of making the whole gun to be stuck. Otherwise I had fun and my nephews really liked it as well. Would be cool to have a shooting try out in vr or on a smart screen with the guns. Or to see how the recoil etc felt with a gun which had some vibrations etc.
Most Reviewed places nearby
- 4.70 Vasa Museum (37951 reviews) Maritime museum with 17th-century ship
- 4.50 The Royal Palace (31395 reviews) Royal palace & museums, open to public
- 4.40 Skansen (22347 reviews) Open-air museum with farmsteads & a zoo
- 4.40 Kungsträdgården (19602 reviews) Public park in historic royal gardens
- 4.30 Gröna Lund (18255 reviews) Theme park with rides & live shows
- 4.40 Fotografiska (13251 reviews) Sizable contemporary photography museum
- 4.40 ABBA The Museum (9517 reviews) Memorabilia & hands-on experiences
- 4.30 Nordiska museet (7384 reviews) Museum charting Swedish cultural history
- 4.30 Hötorgshallen (6916 reviews) International gourmet food hall
- 4.30 Museum of Technology (6187 reviews) Museum & library of science & technology
- 4.50 Museum of Natural History (5758 reviews) Museum of man, life, nature & the planet
- 4.50 Junibacken (5009 reviews) Children's literature fun park & theater
- 4.40 Swedish History Museum (4869 reviews) Artifacts from prehistory onwards & shop
- 4.30 Rålambshovsparken (4324 reviews) Bustling park with year-round activities
- 4.40 Humlegården (4195 reviews) Public park, originally a royal garden
Call +46 8 519 563 00 Open on Google Maps
- Bars and Pubs in Stockholm
- Beaches in Stockholm
- Coffee Shops in Stockholm
- Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Stockholm
- Hospitals & Clinics in Stockholm
- Hostels in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Jewellers in Stockholm
- Lakes in Stockholm
- Museums in Stockholm
- Night Clubs in Stockholm
- Parks in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping Centers in Stockholm
- Sights & Landmarks in Stockholm
- Tourist Attractions in Stockholm
- Vegan Restaurants in Stockholm
- Zoos & Aquariums in Stockholm