Museum of painting & decorative arts Nationalmuseum - Art museum in Stockholm, Sweden
Södra Blasieholmshamnen 2, 111 48 Stockholm, Sweden
Contact+46 8 519 543 00
Rating on Google Maps4.60 (4445 reviews)
- Family friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Good for kids
- Wheelchair-accessible lift
- Wheelchair-accessible toilet
- Wheelchair-accessible car park
- Wheelchair-accessible entrance
ReviewsFrequently mentioned in reviews: free (6) museum (6) visit (9)
5A. 6 months agoMuseum is free for all and an absolute jewel. Filled with beautiful sculptures and paintings, along with its beautiful and grand architecture, this is a place which all should visit! Inside, you will find a progression from ancient to modern, starting from the top floor to the bottom. The sculpture garden beside the gift shop is also absolutely beautiful, and you can rest there after visting the expansive museum. Definitely worth a visit, and something which should not be missed when visiting Stockholm!
5Oscafia M. 6 months agoSmall artmuseum. Easy to trace art history from 1500 to 2000. Treasury is bit difficult to find the door. Don't miss it. Free entrance and easy access. Located very central, next to grand hotel. If visit here in a morning, can take great photo of old town and royal palace. There is a cozy cafe serving lunch and cakes. Can try Swedish traditional pastries.
5Riku K. 3 months agoLots of different art from various centuries, countries and painters. Would definetly recommend to be ready to spend at least 2-3 hours there. And it's also free if you don't want to go to the special expedition.
5David H. 5 months agoAmazing and truly diverse collection of old and contemporary art and design. There is something for everyone and it is free to visit, what more can you ask for.
5Juljan D. 3 months agoMarvelous museum. Large collection with paintings, sculptures and a variety of art. It is totally free, so I see no reason not to visit it!
5Victor G. 8 months agoVery interesting museum. The free entrance grants you access to a lot but you can get tickets for the temporary expos. Really enjoyed the statue courtyard. There are many french painters work but also swedish artists. Last part of the free expo focus on contemporary work. Overall a good experience, would visit again
5Diandra Z. 10 months agoall the room and floor has different century art pieces, and it tells the story how the art developed from 14th century. there’s a locker room to put your bags. all the staff are really friendly and helpful. the interior of the museum is really well considerate. i was enjoying my visit to this museum! recommended!
4Nijhum B. 4 months agoNice place to visit.So many sculptures,arts,paintings etc from different centuries are preserved here.That was amazing! One day is not enough for me to visit this museum.
Most Reviewed places nearby
- 4.70 Vasa Museum (37951 reviews) Maritime museum with 17th-century ship
- 4.50 The Royal Palace (31395 reviews) Royal palace & museums, open to public
- 4.40 Skansen (22347 reviews) Open-air museum with farmsteads & a zoo
- 4.40 Kungsträdgården (19602 reviews) Public park in historic royal gardens
- 4.40 ABBA The Museum (9517 reviews) Memorabilia & hands-on experiences
- 4.30 Nordiska museet (7384 reviews) Museum charting Swedish cultural history
- 4.30 Museum of Technology (6187 reviews) Museum & library of science & technology
- 4.50 Junibacken (5009 reviews) Children's literature fun park & theater
- 4.40 Swedish History Museum (4869 reviews) Artifacts from prehistory onwards & shop
- 4.60 Nationalmuseum (4445 reviews) Museum of painting & decorative arts
- 4.20 Nobel Prize Museum (3980 reviews) Nobel Prize & prizewinners' museum
- 4.60 Army Museum (3463 reviews) Museum with historical military displays
- 4.50 Stockholm Medieval Museum (3210 reviews) Exhibitions on life in the Middle Ages
- 4.40 Vasaparken, Stockholm (3210 reviews) Popular park with ice rink & playground
- 4.20 The Viking Museum (3137 reviews) Museum with Viking ships & artifacts
Call +46 8 519 543 00 Open on Google Maps
- Bars and Pubs in Stockholm
- Beaches in Stockholm
- Coffee Shops in Stockholm
- Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Stockholm
- Hospitals & Clinics in Stockholm
- Hostels in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Jewellers in Stockholm
- Lakes in Stockholm
- Museums in Stockholm
- Night Clubs in Stockholm
- Parks in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping Centers in Stockholm
- Sights & Landmarks in Stockholm
- Tourist Attractions in Stockholm
- Vegan Restaurants in Stockholm
- Zoos & Aquariums in Stockholm